Do you want to know the five key elements of the top female public speakers? If you do, you are in the right place because today we’re going to talk about the five key elements of the top female public speakers.
Watch the video below or scroll down to read more about the 5 key elements of the top female public speakers.
Been There, Done That
As a speaking success strategist, award-winning speaking expert, best-selling author, and a top female public speaker, I have been a top female public speaker for a long time. I’ve been a female speaker and a business owner specializing in public speaking and speaker training for over 15 years. And I have been speaking for over two decades when you count the five years that I was hired to speak for a nonprofit.
5 Strategies Top Female Speakers Use
Female Speaker Strategy #1: Be a Problem Solver
The first thing I want you to do is focus on solving a problem.
People want their problems solved, so you want to focus on how you help themselves up level a problem. When you do that it’s going to make sure the audience is paying attention.
Plus, you’ll get more people attending your presentation so the registration numbers will increase. It only happens when you solve a specific problem or specific problems that your audience is experiencing.
As a female speaker, you are the solution to the problems your audiences wants solved.
Female Speaker Strategy #2: Accelerate Their Learning
The second public speaking step you want to do is to include audience engagement exercises when presenting.
Audience engagement, also known as accelerated learning, means that you involve your audience in your presentation.
It can be as simple as
- asking your audience a question and having them respond, or
- having your presentation attendees participate in a partner share with the person next to them.
You want to use audience engagement exercises because it accelerates the audience’s learning and ensures you look like a superstar!
Female Speaker Strategy #3: Be Authentic. Be Yourself.
The third speaker strategy is to be authentic.
Please don’t try to be another speaker, be you, and be the best version of you.
- Speak from your heart and showcase your desire to help and serve your audience.
- If you’re not funny, don’t try to be funny.
- Using humor may not be the way that you are authentic, so be you, and be the best you as a speaker.
Female Speaker Strategy #4: Be Conversational.
The next thing you want to do is you want to make sure that your presentation is conversational.
- Use words and phrases that people can relate to you. You want to avoid things like jargon. Somebody in your audience may not know what something means even though we think it is common knowledge. As a result, confusion happens.
- Your audience member will take themselves out, not ask a question, and possibly think that they’re stupid. Obviously, we want our audiences to feel empowered so we don’t want them to second guess themselves.
- It is our responsibility as a female speaker to communicate our message clearly. It isn’t the responsibility of the audience to understand us.
- Ensure your presentation is conversational and avoiding sounding robotic and scripted. Your presentation should feel like you and I are having a natural and easy conversation.
Female Speaker Strategy #5: Don’t Overlook Your Closing
And the last key element is ensuring you have a clear, concise and compelling closing, and give it the time and attention that it needs.
You don’t want to close your presentation and sound like you don’t really know what you’re talking about.
What NOT to Do When You Close Your Presentation
For example, an ineffective closing would sound like this “It’s really great that we had this time today. And just apply the principles that we talked about, and everything will be good.” You can see that this not great closing.
I know you agree with me that the example is an ineffective closing. You NEVER want to sound like that!
So, you want to have a clear, concise, and compelling closing that moves people into action.
These are five key elements that are so essential to your success as a female public speaker.
If you need more help, you have an awesome opportunity to speak with me, a top female public speaker, by applying for a thirty-minute complimentary strategy session here now.