5 Questions to Ask if You Search for the Best Public Speaking Training Near Me
On this page you’ll find questions to ask to find the right public speaking events and training courses near you:
- What are you hoping to get out of working with a speaker trainer or speech coach?
- How can I tell if a particular speaker training or speech coach is right for me?
- Does the location of the speaker training matter?
- Is the speech coach a seasoned expert?
- Are their speaker trainers and speech coaches near me offering customizable speaker training programs or courses to fit my needs?
#1 What are you hoping to get out of working with a speaker trainer or speech coach?
- What did I do during my last presentation that was effective?
- What did I do during my last presentation that was ineffective?
By asking yourself these two important questions, you can discover what you would like to focus on first and find the speaker training or speech coach that is ideal for your needs.
Keep in mind the right speaker trainer and speech coach is an expert and may provide some additional information and helpful insights that you haven’t realized you needed help with.
If you are new to speaking, working with a speaker trainer and presentation coach is a smart idea. That way you won’t have to learn from your mistakes and you will be more successful right from the start. You can spend hours and days reading public speaking books and watching videos. However, getting expert help is a huge time saver.
Some speaker trainers may focus on different areas of expertise and niche markets so you want to find the right one that fits your career focus and presentation goals.
Make sure you’re aware of all the services your potential speaker trainer and presentation coach offer.
Services May Offered
These speaker trainers and presentation coaches’ services may include:
- A complimentary consultation call or discovery session to learn more about your speaking needs and goals, and how they can help you
- Speech content writing including a signature presentation template
- Storytelling which may include sharing your personal story with your audience
- Selling from the stage to promote your products, programs or services
- Presentation delivery such as body language and audience engagement
- Booking speaking opportunities such as keynotes, paid speaking and complimentary presentations to increase leads and sales
- Elevator pitches and networking introductions
- How to create your own workshops, retreats and live events
- Online speaker training programs and courses like these:
#2 How can I tell if a particular speaker training or speech coach is right for me?
Okay, you’ve Googled “speaker training near me” or “speech coach” and found a couple of good local possibilities.
Well, every speaker training and presentation coaching company is different.
Different Target Markets & Topics
Some specialize in presenting to business owners and entrepreneurs. Some focus on corporate and leadership type presentations. Others teach standing behind a podium and using powerpoint slides. While others focus on interactive and engaging presentations without the use of a podium and powerpoint slides.
Innovative Speaking Techniques
Other speaker training and speech coaching companies may stand out from the competition because of the innovative techniques they use and how others speak about the company (which you can discover by googling the name of the company or individual, reading testimonials on the website and searching for reviews).
What to Consider
To help you pick the best speaker training and presentation coaching for you, you will want to consider:
- What type of programs do they offer?
- Do they meet with you in person, online via webcam or on the phone?
- Do they offer short term and long term programs?
- Do they offer private and/or group programs?
- Do they have an area of specialty and/or expertise?
- Do they have positive testimonials from past clients?
- How many years’ experience do they have?
- Are they currently speaking or only training clients? (Ideally, you want to hire someone who continues to speak to audiences, understands trends and is always practicing their speaking craft.)
- How long have they been working in the speaker training and presentation coaching industry?
- Do they have special certifications?
- Have they received any speaker training awards?
#3 Does the location of the speaker training matter?
Due to the online technology that is available today, the location of a speaker training and presentation coach isn’t as important as it used to be. Nowadays, you can meet with a coach and trainer from the comfort of your home or office, without have the expense of travel to and from your appointments.
What matters most is their expertise, dedication to their clients and their commitment to your success.
Live or Online
That’s because many speaker training programs and presentation coaching can be done live and online. Many work with clients all across the U.S. Some even Internationally.
This way, you get the best of both worlds – speaker training and presentation with the power of live and online convenience. This allows you to find someone who fits your needs, no matter where they’re located!
If you prefer and decide to work with a speaker training and presentation coach that’s local to you, you can meet in person, or you can even attend a local group speaker training, speech workshop or presentation boot camp.
To put it simply — a speaker trainer and presentation coach must possess the knowledge, expertise and credibility you need, whether they’re in your backyard or not!
#4 Is the speech coach a seasoned expert?
Like mentioned above, reputable speaker trainers and speech coaches are seasoned. Most have paid their dues as a speaker and have built a solid reputation based on their skill.
When researching the background of a speaker trainer, you want to check out their website and look for things that tell you they are credible such as:
- Media images showcasing places they have spoken
- Press kit or media kit which highlights their background and knowledge
- Video of them actually presenting like a speaker demo reel or a presentation video reel.
Budget-Friendly or Experienced
Remember, you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a budget-friendly speaking coach, you are going to limit yourself and your results. You might even find that you are wasting your money with a less experienced and less seasoned trainer and coach. Working with an expert is more about getting the results you want and not necessarily the best “deal.”
#5 Are the speaker trainers and speech coaches near me offering customizable programs to fit my needs?
Speaker trainers and speech coaches will often customize their private programs and not their group programs because they aren’t designed to personalize.
Customized or Group Program
Ask yourself “Do I need a customized program for an upcoming presentation and/or can I benefit from a group program where I receive the same knowledge and can customize it myself?”
Addressing Your Specific Speaking Needs
A caring speaker training and speech coach will take the time to address your specific needs during a consult or a discovery session, and will recommend which option is best for you.
That’s because a speaker trainer and speech coach that cares about their clients will take the time to speak with you and help you get clear on what training option is best for you and your desired speaking results.
Keep in mind that some speaker trainers and speech coaches may have only one training or coaching option, and others will have private coaching, group coaching, live events and online training programs.
When speaking with the right speaking training and speech coach, they will guide you to the right next steps.
Look for a speaker who is presents like the speaker that you want to be.
- Do they speak from the heart?
- Are they authentic and approachable?
- Do they care about the success of others?
- Are they totally honest and supportive at the same time?
- Do they have speaker training programs that include presentation templates and speech delivery systems that make it super easy for you?
Follow Your Heart
Public Speaking Events and Training Courses We Offer
Lunch & Learn Events
Multi-Day Speaker Training Events
- Facebook Live on https://www.facebook.com/AmondaRoseIgoe/
- Youtube Live on Public Speaking Tips for Entrepreneurs https://www.youtube.com/user/AmondaRose