As a Speaker you have to bring your “A” Game – all the time. One of the keys to being the best speaker you can be is to TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY! Because that is Super Important to your Success, I thought I would share some of my favorite Dr. Joel Fuhrman Recipes. You can learn more about Dr. Joel Fuhrman via his website: http://www.drfuhrman.com/
Here are 3 of my FAVORITE Dr. Joel Fuhrman HEALTHY EATING RECIPES that will help you have the energy and focus you need to be a great presenter including the totally amazing FUDGY BLACK BEAN BROWNIES:
Creamy Cabbage Soup
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 head cabbage, cut into pieces
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 leeks, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dr. Fuhrman’s VegiZest or other no-salt herbal seasoning blend
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 8 cups low sodium or no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 cup raw cashews or 1/2 cup raw cashew butter
- 3 cups baby kale or chopped kale
- 2 cups baby spinach
Place all ingredients except the cashews, kale and spinach in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are soft and vegetables are tender.
In a food processor or high powered blender, blend two-thirds of the soup liquid and vegetables with the cashews until smooth and creamy. Return to the pot. Stir in the kale and spinach and heat just until wilted.
DATE DIJON DRESSING
- 1 cup water [we added an extra 2 tablespoons after blending because was too thick to pour.]
- 1/3 cup raw cashew butter or 2/3 cup raw cashews [we used cashew pieces]
- 4 tablespoons Dr. Fuhrman’s Riesling Raisin Vinegar or balsamic vinegar [we used balsamic vinegar]
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Fuhrman’s VegiZest or other no-salt seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4-6 dates, pitted
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender until smooth and creamy.
FUDGY BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
- 2 cups cooked black beans or canned no-salt-added or low-sodium black beans, drained
- 10 Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup natural, non-alkalized cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground chia seed
- Raspberries or other berries for topping
Preheat oven to 200°F. Blend the black beans, dates, almond butter and vanilla in a food processor or high powered blender until smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend again. Pour into a very lightly oiled 8×8-inch baking pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Cool completely before cutting into small squares. Top with raspberries or other berries.
P.S. If you have any questions at all about designing your key points, delivering your closing, developing your Signature Presentation, booking speaking opportunities … go ahead and look below the text and you’ll see there is a place for you to ask those questions and to make your comments. I’ll be sure to read them and get back to you just as soon as I can.