I meet many individuals that have a wealth of information to share, however they aren’t sure what specifically they should be speaking about. They often feel overwhelmed by so many options. These 14 Presentation Questions Designed to Help You Uncover Your Speaking Topic will help you get crystal clear on the perfect presentation topic for you.
When you are answering the questions, pay particular attention to the questions that seem to excite you most. if you are not excited about your topic as a speaker, I would say give it up now because if you aren’t excited then your audience won’t be either.
1. What makes you light up and smile? (Activities, people, events, hobbies, projects, etc.)
2. What did you enjoy doing the most in the past? What about now?
3. What activities make you lose track of time?
4. What makes you feel great about yourself? (It is okay to brag!)
5. Who inspires you most and why? (They could be someone you know and someone you don’t know.)
6. What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, talents, gifts etc.)
7. What do others tell you are good at? Ask your help with?
8. If you had to teach something, what do you want to teach more than anything else?
9. If you knew you were going to leave this earth tomorrow, what would you say matters most to you. It can be anything from fun times, to achievements, to important relationships to accomplishments. List them out.
10. What would you truly regret not doing in your life and possibly as a career if you were to leave this earth tomorrow?
11. What are your deepest core values?
12. If you could help others by sharing your previous challenges, difficulties and hardships, what would they be? How did you overcome them?
13. What causes do you strongly believe in? Connect with more than anything else?
14. If you could speak to a large group of people and help them, who would be in your audience? What would your message be? How would you change their life?
Now ask yourself these questions to complete the process:
* Are you noticing a theme or pattern?
* Did the thought of one presentation topic stretch you and excite you at the same time?
* Are you being reminded that you are meant to be speaking on a particular topic, however you have continued to ignore it?
* Are you ready to start speaking your truth?
I found this great article by Presentation Magazine called Presentation Topics. I thought you might want to read this too. You can check it out at: http://www.presentationmagazine.com/presentation-topics-11693.htm
What you need to do next:
You have to be willing to take action and do things outside of your comfort zones. If you need help, get the help you need before another days passes and you miss out on your speaking dreams!
Get expert speaking help and apply now for a 30-minute complimentary 6-Figure Speaker Strategy Session.